Mission & Vision
Braly empowers all students to be lifelong learners and contributing members of society. Braly encourages students to be confident, knowledgeable and responsible, in a diverse and ever-changing world.
Our living vision is a caring and rigorous learning community that provides a strong foundation and challenge in the disciplines; develops critical thinking, creativity, and problem solving skills; and emphasizes continuous growth by all students. We encourage and expect sharing, risk-taking, laughter, curiosity, the pursuit of excellence, the taking of personal responsibility, and active contribution to the success of the learning community.
School Colors: Red, White and Blue
School Mascot: Eagle
In 1850, John Eusebius Braly, his wife Susan and their seven children came to California from Oregon. They bought a farm and grew wheat on 165 acres to help feed the Gold Rush Miners. Later the wheat fields were replaced with fruit orchards.
John E. Braly became a wealthy farmer. In 1855, he built a one room school house and named it Braly School. However, when a larger school was built in 1926 containing more classrooms, the tiny one room Braly School was closed.
Then in 1964, because of the growing population in the Santa Clara Valley, a new Braly School was built at the present site by the Jefferson Union School District, which is now Santa Clara Unified School District. The multi-purpose building/cafeteria was added later and was name for W.S. Bennett when Bennett was closed.
Braly School was named to honor both John Eusebius Braly and his son John Hyde Braly, Jr. because of their leadership in education. John Hyde Braly, Jr. was Vice President of San Jose State and he was the first Santa Clara County Superintendent of Schools.
In 1984, declining enrollment closed Braly School. However, an upsurge in population in 1992 required Braly's reopening.
Braly's campus serves TK through 5th grade, SAI classes, and an extended day program for before and after school child care.